The Maldives participated in the UNODC Regional Programme for South Asia (2018-2021) in New Delhi on 18th December 2017. The Maldivian delegation, led by the Prosecutor General of Maldives Uz. Aishath Bisham comprised of :
- Prosecutor General UZ. Aishath Bisam, Prosecutor General’s Office
- Brigadier General Zakariyya Mansoor, National Counter terrorism Center, Ministry of Defense and National Security
- Superintendent of Police Ahmed Shifan, Maldives Police Service
- Mr. Ismail Hamdhoon, Chief Superintendent, Maldives Customs Service
- Mr. Ibrahim Ashraf, Chief Principal Immigration Officer
- Col. Dr. Ali Shahid Mohamed, Chairperson, Governing Board – Maldives National Drug Agency
- Ms. Maashaa Luthfee, Senior State Attorney, Attorney General’s Office
- Ms. Ikleela Ismail, Senior Research Officer, Anti-Corruption Commission
Ambassador H.E. Ahmed Mohamed represented the Maldives Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Discussions during the programme will cover:
– Combating Transnational Organized Crime
– A comprehensive and balanced approach to counter the drug problem
– Countering Corruption
– Terrorism prevention
The UNODC Regional Office for South Asia (UNODC ROSA) is located in New Delhi, India and covers Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. It works with the six Governments of South Asia through technical cooperation projects to address threats posed by drugs, crime, terrorism and corruption. In line with its mandates, UNODC promotes justice, health and security in the South Asia region.