Visit to Addu City and Fuvammulah City
- President Yameen concluded his visit to Addu City and Fuvahmulah City on 15th September.
- During his visit, the President visited Hulhumeedhoo of Addu City and initiated sewerage services and water services of the city.He also inaugurated housing units and the Addu Fisheries Complex, and marked the completion of the shore protection project of Hulhumeedhoo.
- President also visited Hithadhoo and inaugurated sewerage services, housing units, nature park, and solar hybrid power system of the city.
- He later visited Feydhoo and inaugurated water services of Feydhoo, Maradhoo, and Maradhoo-Feydhoo, and marked the completion of a land reclamation project in Feydhoo.
- The President also visited Fuvammulah City and initiated sewerage services and water services, inaugurated housing units and Nature Park, and marked the completion of the harbor revetment project.
- President also met the people of Maradhoo and Maradhoofeydhoo during his visit.
The Presidential Election to be open to International Observers and Monitors
- The Elections Commission stated that 38 delegates from 11 International Organisations will be present as International Observers at the upcoming Presidential Election.
- It will include representatives from the Elections Commissions of Sri Lanka, The Philippines, Romania, Thailand, Malaysia, Palestine, Hungary, as well as from the Organisation for Islamic Cooperation, All Party British Parliamentary Group, the Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe, and the Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL).
- Media representatives from 14 media groups will also monitor the election.
Maldives ranks 6 among most visited countries per capita
- According to a recent survey by TravelMag.com, Maldives ranks sixth amongst the most visited country per capita in the world.
- The survey took annual visitor numbers of countries against the size of their respective populations to arrive at these results.
- Maldives is ranked sixth with 3,200 annual visitors per capita.
Maldives wins 3 prestigious titles at SATA 2018
- Maldives earned Leading Honeymoon Destination, Leading Beach Destination, and Leading Diving Destination at the GALA Retreat of SATA Awards.
- The awards took place on 16th September at The Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, India.
- The Ambassador of Maldives to India Honorable Ahmed Mohamed received the awards on behalf of the destination.
- Over 450 nominations from Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, India and Nepal were submitted for this year’s edition.
- The nominees competed in 36 major categories in 10 different segments.
The National Football won The Saff Suzuki Cup 2018
- Maldives National Football Team received praises on winning this year’s SAFF Suzuki Cup.
- Maldives Football Team played against India in the finals and secured its positions with a 2-1 score.