https://www.maldiveshighcom.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Logo-High-Commission-of-the-Republic-of-Maldives.png 0 0 Niharika Sharma https://www.maldiveshighcom.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Logo-High-Commission-of-the-Republic-of-Maldives.png Niharika Sharma2018-09-17 16:14:372018-09-19 14:38:02MALDIVES OVERVIEW: WEEK ENDING (8TH – 14TH SEPTEMBER)
MALDIVES OVERVIEW: WEEK ENDING (8TH – 14TH SEPTEMBER)
Visit to some Islands of Haddhummathi Atoll
- President Yameen concluded his visit to some islands of Haddhummathi Atoll on 9th September.
- During his visit, President visited Hithadhoo Island and inaugurated the Hithadhoo Harbour, visited Gan Island and inaugurated the Thundi District Harbour and also Maabaidhoo Island’s harbour.
- The President also visited Maamendhoo Island and initiated the sewerage services of the island.
- President Yameen inaugurated Haddhummathi Link Road connecting Gan and Fonadhoo during his visit.
- President Yameen also visited Fonadhoo Island later and initiated the island’s water services.
Visit to Thinadhoo, South Huvadhu Atoll
- President Yameen concluded his visit to Thinadhoo Island of South Huvadhu Atoll on 11th
- During the visit, President Yameen attended the ceremony held to mark the completion of several projects like completion of road construction, Islamic Centre, “Aabaadhee Maizaan” Park, land reclamation & shore protection, construction of 120 housing units, and shore protection in the Baraasil area of Thinadhoo.
Presidential candidates sign approval for voter registry
- The Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) and the opposition coalition on 12th September signed their approval over eligible voter registry for the September 23rd, presidential elections.
- The Elections Commission authorized 25 representatives from each faction to sign the voter list.
- Neither parties raised any objections over the list.
President Yameen inaugurates Haddhummathi Link Road
- President Yameen inaugurated the Haddhummathi Link Road, connecting Gan Island and Fonadhoo Island on 8th
- The President unveiled the monument placed to commemorate the inauguration of the Road at the ceremony.
- The President also took a drive on the link road to Fonadhoo from Gan.
Maldives hits a million Tourists
- The Maldives Tourism ministry on September 10th, announced the arrival of one million tourists this year.
- There has been a 10 per cent increase in numbers for the same period in the previous year.
- Maldives welcomed the millionth tourist of 2018 with a free resort holiday, seaplane travel and Internet package.
- They were also greeted and welcomed with cultural activities at the country’s main international airport.
Maldives National Football Team victorious in SAFF semi-finals against Nepal
- Maldives National Football Team secured their spot in final of the SAFF Suzuki Cup 2018.
- The team won the match against Nepal by 3 goals to nil score.
- President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom congratulated the Maldives National Football Team for their overwhelming victory in Semi-Finals.
- This marks the fifth time the country made their way to the finals of the biennial international men’s football championship.