It is always advised to be cautious of your passport’s validity while your stay abroad. In case the passport is getting expired during residing period, consider initiating the renewal process with ample time. Now the procedure is pretty simple and self driven – the applications are accepted through online Dhivehi Passport portal Imuga. This is structured for ease of use and simplify services. Maldives Immigration enhanced its services, creating synergies for real-time status updates direct to applicant. The entire process from the application to payment are automated and shifted on to digital platform. It is totally safe and secure.
Following are key procedural steps involved in the online application process.
- Through the Dhivehi Passport portal Imuga navigate DHIVEHI PASSPORT APPLICATION.
- Create a login or register to the service. The system will send an auto verification number to the identified mobile number. (any difficulty or query on registration, Immigration hotline +9609555333 will immediately respond. The number is on watapp and viber)
- Continue on the page and proceed by submitting the required details. The page will direct you to necessary informations. (requirement of the files that need to be uploaded also be guided through the page)
- During the process, it is required to indicate the collection mode. If preferred to collect the new passport from the nearest Maldivian mission you may choose the respective collection point from the option listed. Otherwise, applicant may assign a person to collect it physically from Maldives Immigration. Either of the case a consent must be submitted through the portal.
- Not mandatory, but if opted mode of collection is through the High Commission, it can separately be informed to the High Commission by simply emailing about your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then the High Commission will contact for collection through the given contact number.
- The last of the application is the payment for the passport renewal, which can also be done online.
- Old passport will no more be valid with the issuance of the new passport. The old passport also has to be cancelled and declared as void on receiving the new. When visiting the High Commission for receiving the new passport. the applicant needs to carry the old passport for it to be cancelled. If the passport collection is on self the applicant has to send the old passport to the immigration or to the nearest High Commission/Embassy/Maldivian mission within one month on receiving the new passport for the cancellation.
Applicant may contact the High Commission if further guidance regarding the application is needed.