President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom has presented the National Award of Honour and the National Award of Recognition on Thursday evening. The awards were conferred at the official function held at Republic Square, to mark this year’s Independence Day.
Recipients of the National Award of Honour received a shield of honour, a badge of honour and a commemorative plaque, while the recipients of the National Award of Recognition received a commemorative plaque and a certificate.
Five honourees received the National Award of Honour this year. They were;
1. Faleelathul Shaikh Ahmed Faroog Mohamed, for his contributions towards Islamic Awareness and Islamic Education.
2. Ahmed Mahir, for his contributions to the Tourism sector.
3. Shameema Kan’buleygefaanu, for her contributions towards Social Work.
4. Mohamed Shakir (Posthumous), for his contributions in Craftsmanship.
5. Ahmed Saleem, for his contributions in the area of Sports; Sports Management and Technical Services to Sports Development
Fifteen honourees received the National Award of Recognition. They were:
1. Sheikh Abdul Majeed Mohamed, in the area of Recitation and Teaching of the Holy Quran
2. Abdul Rasheed Ali, in the area of Dhivehi literature; Research on the Dhivehi Language
3. Warrant Officer First Class Abdul Razzaag Abdul Rahmaan, in the area of Arts and Culture; Promoting Culture and Indigenous Sport
4. Dr. Abdulla Afeef, in the area of Health; Promoting Public Health
5. Maryam Sahudaa, in the area of Human Rights and Social Protection; Contributions towards Disabilities Awareness
6. Mohmed Firaq in the area of Tourism; Innovation in Tourism and Tourism Promotion
7. Mohamed Jawad in the area of Information and News; Information Dissemination
8. Zoona Naseem in the area of Diving; Recreational Scuba Diving
9. Asim Mohamed Fulhu in the area of Diving; Recreational Scuba Diving
10. Ibrahim Rasheed in the area of Sports; Professional Sportsmanship and Training
11. Staff Sergeant Ahmed Abdul Kareem in the area of Sports; Professional Sportsmanship and Training
12. Naufal Moosa in the area of Sports; Professional Sportsmanship and Training
13. Ali Shifau in the area of Direction (Film); creating Visual Art
14. Ahmed Sinan in the area of Animation; creating Visual Art
15. Ibrahim Zaid Ali in the area of Performing Arts; Performer (Singer), Music Director and Trainer.
In his speech, President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom extended his congratulations and warm wishes to all the recipients of this year’s National Awards.
Source: The President’s Office