Consular assistance and other services that are provided by THE HIGH COMMISSION include
- Assist, in cases where a Temporary Travel Documents is required for Maldivians to exit India due lot passport or for new borns to Maldivian and needed to travel back to Maldives.
- Assist in the renewal National ID card, Birth Certificate and whenever provide support in the passport renewal cases.
- Assisting Maldivians in obtaining visas to countries that have Diplomatic Missions in India
- Delivering assistance to Maldivians in case of emergencies / natural disasters
- Providing accurate and timely travel advice.
- Providing visa information to foreigners wishing to travel to Maldives
- Verifying work permits of foreigners employed by Maldivian Agencies
What we can do for you
- Facilitate assistance in relocating to a safe area or repatriation when there is a civil uprising due to political instability or natural disaster.
- Provide assistance in the case of an accident, serious illness or death and arrange for next of kin to be notified.
- Provide support to help communicate with the next-of-kin during an emergency situation.
- Contact relatives or friends and request them to provide financial assistance for you during an emergency situation.
- Contact the concerned authorities in India and work with them to find Maldivian (s) who is reported missing in India.
Services provided for Maldivian detainees in India
- Regularly visit Maldivian (s) who has been arrested or imprisoned in Delhi and monitor the matter. In case of other cities, monitor the well-being via official channel.
- Inform the family of the detainee(s) if and when requested by the detainee.
- Within the laws of India, facilitate means to deliver financial assistance, letters, medicine and other items received from family and friends to the detainee.
- Provide assistance, within the laws of India, to deliver letters from the detainee to his/her next of kin.
- Arrange to deliver documents relating to judicial matters addressed to Maldivians living in Delhi in order for them to report to relevant Courts in the Maldives; or obtain statements from Maldivians living in Delhi (if requested by a Court in the Maldives).
- Attest documents issued by the Government of Maldives as true copies of the originals.
- Provide assistance in arranging lawyers with regard to legal matters involving Maldivians in India.
- Documents relating to renewal of passports, births and deaths.
- Provide assistance to get a new passport in case you lose your passport or your passport is stolen or it is expired.
- Provide assistance in obtaining temporary travel documents for children who are born in India to Maldivian parents.
- Arrange all necessary documents required to return the body of a Maldivian, who passed away in India, to Maldives, if the next of kin requests.
- Issue temporary travel document for you to return back to Maldives in case your passport gets stolen or you lose your passport or for the babies born in India and to return home.
- Inform next of kin of the deceased Maldivian in India.
- Issue necessary documents if a deceased Maldivian is to be buried in India.
- Provide information and assist next of kin of the deceased Maldivian in India to be buried or bring back the body to the Maldives.
What we cannot do for you
- We cannot get you out of prison or obtain special treatment for you in prison.
- We cannot provide funds to pay for your legal costs.
- We cannot intervene or represent you in local judicial proceedings to help you in legal issues.
- We cannot provide legal advice.
- We cannot submit your issues to the judicial courts in India or assist you to do the same.
- We cannot provide funds to take the body of a deceased Maldivian back to the Maldives.
- We cannot provide funds for your travel or medical.
- We cannot pay anyone for their services, on behalf of you.
- We cannot arrange your hotel accommodation or obtain work permit or obtain resident permit or driving license.
- We cannot safeguard your items.
- We cannot receive or deliver personal letters/documents.
- We cannot assist in receiving your pension or any other payments.
- We cannot assist you in finding jobs.
- We cannot assist you to settle business disputes.
- We cannot help you to advertise your business.
To help us serve you better, please fill in the “Registration Form for Maldivian nationals in India”.